ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-post]

Comments from JPNIC Domain Name Policy Study Group

  • To: stld-rfp-post@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Comments from JPNIC Domain Name Policy Study Group
  • From: dom-sec@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:18:29 +0900 (JST)

Japan Network Information Center, JPNIC, has organized a study group
called "JPNIC Domain Name Policy Study Group".

Please find the comments as per listed below for which we have gathered
and discussed for your reference.

The proposed community is definite and the users are well defined. As
the definition is so specific, ".post" TLD, when it is created, may
largely affect the postal services in each UPU member state.

In order for ".post" to be registered by intended registrants and used
for intended purposes, we think it should be necessary to ascertain
if the UPU member states understand the meaning of ".post" in such a
way as conducting a survey in advance.

We would agree to the creation of ".post" provided that the survey
shows the result that the postal authorities in many countries
understand and support the creation of ".post" TLD.

Members of JPNIC Domain Name Policy Study Group