ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[stld-rfp-xxx]

The Best Solution For Everyone!

  • To: <stld-rfp-xxx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: The Best Solution For Everyone!
  • From: "rupertandmary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rupertmary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 13:17:35 -0400

I was raised in the United States where I was sheltered from things that were harmful or addictive to me as I was growing up.  I would not give my teenage sons or daughters liquor or buy them cigarettes. There is time for making decisions about these things when they are older and have the maturity to make wise choices. Protecting them from stumbling across pornography addressed as .COM while allowing them to enjoy the educational benefits of the worldwide web is something I cannot control. I believe .XXX is the answer to protecting children from accidental encounters from these websites while allowing people who want to visit them the freedom to do so. I believe all pornographic websites should be under the TLD .XXX.

Thank you for your time,

Mary Conyers