IPv6 FORUM Comment on the ICANN Strategic Plan
- To: strategic-plan-comments@xxxxxxxxx
- Subject: IPv6 FORUM Comment on the ICANN Strategic Plan
- From: Latif Ladid
The IPv6 Forum welcomes and encourages this world-wide open and
bottom-up call for comment with following remarks:
- ICANN should develop a comprehensive promotion plan for IPv6.
Treating IPv6 as an emerging technology is taking a non-active role
and non-participative approach to one of the key resources of the
- ICANN should foster deployment of the inclusion of the IPv6 name
server records in the root-zone for the remaining ccTLDs and not
just report single country efforts.
- The IPv6 Forum agrees that the end-to-end model is a "capital
model" to foster properly the Internet where it should go.
- The IPv6 Forum is open for cooperation with ICANN to support its
immediate and future actions in this respect.
Latif Ladid, President, IPv6 Forum (latif.ladid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Jim Bound, CTO, IPv6 Forum & Chair NAv6TF (jim.bound@xxxxxxxxxx)