ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[tmch-strawman]

Enhanced Trademark Rights Protection in the New gTLDs

  • To: "'tmch-strawman@xxxxxxxxx'" <tmch-strawman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Enhanced Trademark Rights Protection in the New gTLDs
  • From: Phil Nolt <Phil.Nolt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 17:32:06 +0000

Dear ICANN representatives,

On behalf of Goodville Mutual Casualty Company, New Holland Pennsylvania, I
write to express our support for the enhanced trademark protections  -- both
the proposal for Limited Preventative Registrations (LPRs) and the "Strawman
Solution" proposal currently being considered in connection with the roll out
of the new gTLDs.  I feel both are  necessary to protect us as a
small-mid-sized property and casualty insurance company.

The LPR protects longer range particularly with the situation of avoiding cyber
squatters.  The Strawman Solution proposal had some short term advantages in
extending the time but in and of itself without the LPR does not adequately
offer protection we desire and need. The added LPR helps eliminate fraud and
protects consumer interests in actually knowing they are on our web site.

Please contact me with any questions.

Phil Nolt, CPCU
Vice President
Goodville Mutual Casualty Company
625 W Main Street, PO Box 489
New Holland, PA 17557
Phone: 717-354-4921, 800-448-4622, Fax: 717-354-5158, 800-684-1894
Phil.Nolt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Phil.Nolt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
www.goodville.com<http://www.goodville.com/>