ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[travel-support-policy]

Coach or Business class

  • To: travel-support-policy@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Coach or Business class
  • From: Patrick Vande Walle <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 12:00:58 +0100

IMHO, this choice should not be black or white, but rather based on facts.

My organization has a policy that states business class is allowed if the flight is more than 4 hours long. The rationale being that long flights are more tiring and that the business class actually allows one to work during the flight.

Another policy also states that, if the flight is time difference is more than four hours, the traveler is allowed to depart one day early, to be able to recover from the jet lag. I think both policies make sense. Of course, in the ICANN context, one could discuss if this has to be four hours or more.

Patrick Vande Walle