ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

WHOIS WG methodology

  • To: <whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: WHOIS WG methodology
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:07:36 +0200

As the former chairman of the WHOIS WG let me state that while I would agree
that the
process to assess levels of agreement on the 70 participant group was
challenging, the
characterisation indicated by Mr. Ruiz in an earlier e-mail is quite wrong. The
report
itself explains the process involved.

That the outcome was different in this working group (which had a majority of
users of all
kinds), to the supplier-friendly outcomes Registrars (with their double vote)
have come to
expect on Council, is noteworthy.

Philip Sheppard