ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

comments on proposed rule

  • To: <whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: comments on proposed rule
  • From: "Allison, Richard" <Richard.Allison@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:03:06 -0400

As a Trademark owner, we have been forced to initiate numerous ICANN
proceedings.  The current proposal to limit the ability to determine who
is actually behind a domain name registration is totally inappropriate.
I thought ICANN was supposed to provide a system that was open and
visible to all.  This proposal will cause Trademark owners significant
additional expense trying to locate and identify parties that are
improperly poaching on our legitimate trademark interests. I have not
seen any good reason for this proposal.

Sincerely

Richard Allison

Managing Intellectual Property Counsel

Genzyme Corporation

15 Pleasant Street Connector

P.O. Box 9322

Framingham, MA 01701-9322

(508) 270-2583

1 (800) 326-7002 Ext 22583

(508) 872-5415 (fax)

Richard.Allison@xxxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail message is intended for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential,
privileged and/or attorneys' work product. Any review or distribution by
any other person is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient,
please immediately contact the sender and delete all copies.