ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

WHOIS DEBATE

  • To: <whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: WHOIS DEBATE
  • From: "Feingold, Stephen" <SFeingold@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 22:05:04 -0400

I am writing to express my strong vote in favor of Motion 2 that would
require more careful consideration of the ramifications of changes to
the whois system before adopting any of the radical proposes suggested.
I am dismayed that motion one and 3 could even make to a final vote
since they are so blatently contrary to the best interst of the Internet
and holding people accountable for their conduct.  The privacy issue is
a red herring raised only to give some cover to those who want to abuse
the rights of others.
Vote wisely and don't let chaos rule.

Stephen W. Feingold
Day Pitney LLP
7 Times Square
New York, NY 10036

212-297-5845 (New York Office)
212-916-2940 (Fax)
203-977-7563(Stamford Office)

Day Berry & Howard and Pitney Hardin merged to become Day Pitney LLP
effective January 1, 2007.

This message contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely
for the use of the addressee(s) named above. Any disclosure, distribution,
copying or use of the information by others is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender by immediate reply and
delete the original message.  Thank you.