ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

INTA Call to Action: WHOIS System

  • To: <whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: INTA Call to Action: WHOIS System
  • From: "Schumacher, Jane [JJCUS]" <JSchuma1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:17:50 -0400

Dear Sir or Madam,

As a large, global corporation we feel that the use of WHOIS data is essential
for protection and policing of our Intellectual Property on the Internet. Our
businesses stretch over many areas, goods, and services. We are faced with a
constant need to watch over our online business to insure our customers can
trust the information and products they are receiving. Our reputation is very
important to us. Without access to WHOIS data is it impossible to determine
friendly and unfriendly registrations, plot patterns in pirating, and gain
reliable access to third parties whom we need to contact for online business
partnerships, disputes, information gathering, and conflicts. We feel that the
WHOIS data is important and can help businesses protect their consumers online.
We feel that the GNSO Council should adopt Motion 2 and reject Motions 1 and 3.

Please do not take away our access to this important data.
Kindest regards,
~ Jane A. Schumacher
Trademark Paralegal
Johnson & Johnson