ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

WHOIS motions

  • To: whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: WHOIS motions
  • From: Julie_Allen@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:15:14 -0400

To whom it may concern:

We urge you, in the strongest possible terms, to adopt Motion 2 and
conduct a comprehensive study on the WHOIS issue before taking any action
on this matter.  We strongly oppose Motions 1 & 3.

We depend upon WHOIS records to protect our intellectual property rights
and the rights of our consumers online.  WIthout such records, it would be
difficult, if not impossible, to locate the owners of potentially
infringing websites.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Julia H. Allen