ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

Please vote for Motion 2 on October 31st

  • To: <whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Please vote for Motion 2 on October 31st
  • From: "Keith, Sonja" <SK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 11:25:20 -0400

Dear Sirs:

I am appalled that ICANN is considering the abolishment of the Who Is
feature on the Internet.  One of the most impressive aspects to the
Internet is the public's access to information.  Access to information
is the definition of freedom.  Unless ICANN has substantial evidence
that abuse of the Who Is feature is rampant, I don't see the point in
limiting the public's access to this important contact information.

Please vote for Motion 2 on October 31st.  Otherwise, the public and
law-abiding brand owners will have few tools left to fight
counterfeiting and infringements of their valuable intellectual
property.

Yours sincerely,

Sonja Keith

IP Counsel