ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

Pending Motions

  • To: <whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Pending Motions
  • From: "Dennis H. Cavanaugh" <dhc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 11:25:37 -0400

To whom it may concern,

As an intellectual property law firm, we regularly use WHOIS to identify
domain name owners for many purposes, some beneficial to the owners.  These
include locating owners of intellectual property infringing sites and their
ISPs, owners of domain names that our clients may wish to purchase, and in
assisting us in determining whether a domain name and/or any trademarks
contained therein are in use.  This is an extremely valuable tool that
should remain open and accessible to all.  We therefore urge passage of
Motion 2, so that a complete study of the uses, needs and future of WHOIS
can be made.  Thank you.

Dennis H. Cavanaugh

D H Cavanaugh Associates

555 Fifth Avenue, 17th Floor

New York, New York 10017

212-856-7210  PH

212-856-7211  FX

dhc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.dhcavanaugh.com

This message is intended to be confidential and may be privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail from your system
immediately and notify us of the erroneous transmission to you. Any
disclosure, use, copying or distribution is prohibited and may be unlawful.