ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

Pending Motions

  • To: <whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Pending Motions
  • From: "Bell, Anker M." <AMBell@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 21:52:13 -0400

I believe that access to domain name information through Whois is
important for consumers and business. This access helps businesses
protect their good names and, by doing so, protecting their online
customers.

In short, the GNSO Council should adopt Motion 2 and reject Motions 1
and 3.

 I also think it is imperative that we not have registrants hiding
behind anonymous domain name companies.  Full disclosure is necessary
and an imperative for a free an open society.
Thank you,
Anker M. Bell
Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
P.O. Box 1008
Columbus, Ohio 43216

 From the law offices of Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE:  In order to ensure compliance
with requirements imposed by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service, we
inform you that any federal tax advice contained in this communication
(including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and it
cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties
 that may be imposed under the U.S. Internal Revenue Code or
(ii) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another person, any
transaction or other matter addressed herein.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message is intended only for the person
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive
communications through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately.