ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

The Whois system

  • To: <whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: The Whois system
  • From: "Manuel Alonso" <ma@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 15:55:04 -0300

Dear Members of the GNSO Council,

I'm a Trademark Attorney from Argentina and I'm writing to support "Motion 2"
for the vote of October, 31, next, which will determine the future structure of
the domain name and Whois system.

As most of Trademark Attorneys, I found the current structure of the Whois
system as a very useful tool to obtain information on possible trademark
infringers. In fact, the possibility of easily locate the data of the eventual
infringers is very important for us and constitutes an invaluable assistance in
the protection against the unfair use of our client's trademark on the internet.

The easy access to such information is also useful to perform due diligences,
manage domain names and protect intellectual property rights in light of the
possibility of locating and contacting the true owners of problematic web sites.

I hope the precedent arguments, which I'm sure are shared with most of my
colleagues, will help GNSO Council to adopt Motion 2 and reject Motions 1 and 3
when voting on the next October, 31.

Yours sincerely,

Manuel Alonso

MA@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:MA@xxxxxxxxx>

Direct (54-11) 4010-5038

Torre HSBC / La Buenos Aires

Avenida de Mayo 701, piso 18

C1084AAC Buenos Aires

Argentina

TEL (54-11) 4010-5000

FAX (54-11) 4010-5100

http://www.RMLex.com <http://www.rmlex.com/>

Esta comunicación es de carácter confidencial y está amparada por el secreto
profesional y se dirige exclusivamente al destinatario indicado. Todo lector
del presente mensaje quedará debidamente notificado que la divulgación,
modificación, reproducción o uso de la información aquí contenida por cualquier
otra persona que no sea la indicada como destinataria del mismo, queda
terminantemente prohibida. Si Ud. no fuera la persona a la que el presente
e-mail está destinado, le agradeceremos nos lo informe a la brevedad
respondiendo este e-mail a la dirección del remitente y elimine de su sistema
el mensaje recibido. Muchas gracias.

This message includes legally privileged and confidential information and is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. All readers
of this message other than the intended recipient are hereby notified that any
dissemination, modification, distribution or reproduction of this e-mail, is
strictly forbidden. Please inform us by replying this e-mail immediately to
sender's e-mail address and delete it from your system. Thank you.

JPEG image