ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

Whois Call to Action

  • To: whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Whois Call to Action
  • From: Ashley_Smith@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:04:42 -0700

**Email sent by Ashley Smith on behalf of David S. Gooder**

To whom it may concern:

We urge you, in the strongest possible terms, to adopt Motion 2 and
conduct a comprehensive study on the WHOIS issue before taking any action
on this matter.  We strongly oppose Motions 1 & 3.

We depend upon WHOIS records to protect our intellectual property rights
and the rights of our consumers online.  Without such records, it would be
difficult, if not impossible, to locate the owners of potentially
infringing websites.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

David S. Gooder