ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

Maintain the WHOIS system

  • To: <whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Maintain the WHOIS system
  • From: "Chervin, Carole" <Carole.Chervin@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:11:20 -0400

We at Planned Parenthood Federation of America have been targets of bad
faith attempts of cyber-squatting and other forms of abuse of the
Internet on a regular basis.  We rely upon the WHOIS function and
transparency to not only obtain vital information about the
perpetrators, and not only to protect our own rights in our marks, but
most importantly to protect the public from being misled and
misinformed.  We urge that the GNSO Council should adopt Motion 2 and
reject Motions 1 and 3.  Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Carole Chervin
Associate General Counsel and Director of Business Affairs
Planned Parenthood Federation of America
434 West 33 Street
New York, NY  10001
Telephone:  (212) 261-4330