ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

Whois System

  • To: <whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Whois System
  • From: "ENPORA" <pop@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 15:28:04 +0200

Dear Sirs,

My name is Calin Radu Pop and I am the senior partner of CABINET ENPORA,
one of the top 3 Patent and Trademark agencies in Romania. I am also an
INTA member since 1998.

In this position I am writing to you to share my opinion regarding the
GNSO Council vote of October 31, 2007 on the three motions that will
determine the future structure of the domain name and Whois system.

In this respect please be informed that as an INTA member I strongly
support the adoption of Motion 2 and the rejection of Motions 1 and 3
since in my opinion in this way consumers and businesses will be much
better protected.

The Whois system is important for trademark owners because it is used
daily by law enforcement, businesses and consumers to manage domain
names, protect intellectual property rights, and locate and contact the
true owners of problematic web sites.

Hoping that my opinion will be taken into consideration I remain,

Sincerely yours,

Calin Radu Pop

CABINET ENPORA
e-mail:     pop@xxxxxxxxxx ; pop@xxxxxxxxxx
web:      www.patents.ro <http://www.patents.ro/>  ; www.enpora.com
<http://www.enpora.com/>
Phone:

Facsimile:
40 21 230 09 90
40 21 230 54 61
40 21 230 23 11
40 21 250 79 27

Mail address:
P.O. BOX 39-F1
024330 BUCHAREST
ROMANIA

Office (courier) address:
Str. George Calinescu nr. 52A, Ap. 1, sector 1
011695 BUCHAREST
ROMANIA