ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

WHOIS Comment

  • To: <whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: WHOIS Comment
  • From: <stumpf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 16:15:46 +0100

Dear Sirs,

I am a German trademark attorney and member of INTA.
INTA informed us about the eventual amendment to an Internet policy
regarding the Whois system.

I wish to point out that checking the WHOIS- system belongy to my daily
work. It is a very useful instrument to find out the contact of owners of
problematic web sites. The abolishment of publicly available information
would have a very negative effect in our daily work. I thus fully support
Motion 2 with the effect to conduct an objective and comprehensive study on
the legitimate abuses and uses of Whois data.

Yours sincerely

Karin Stumpf
German Patent Attorney
European Trademark and Design Attorney

Kaufmann & Stumpf
Alte Weinsteige 71
D - 70597 Stuttgart

Registered Partnership of Patent Attorneys
at the Register Court Stuttgart, Register N° PR 171

Fon: +49 (711) 25971716
Fax: +49 (711) 25971717

stumpf@xxxxxxxxx
office@xxxxxxxxx

 <http://www.pat-ks.de/> www.pat-ks.de

This e-mail is intended for the named recipient(s) only and may contain
information that is privileged and confidential. Nothing in this e-mail is
intended to constitute a waiver of any privilege or the confidentiality of
this message. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us
immediately by reply and delete this message. Thank you.