ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments-2007]

Future structure of the domainname and whois-system

  • To: <whois-comments-2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Future structure of the domainname and whois-system
  • From: <m.bahmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:54:48 +0100

Dear Sirs:

As an Attorney at Law mainly being active in the field of the intellectual
property I believe that the "whois" is important for consumers and business.
It helps businesses to protect their consumers online.

Accordingly, I believe that the GNSO-counsel should today adopt Motion 2 and
reject Motions 1 and 3.

Motion 1: undefined legal responsibilities for the new "Operational Point of
Contact" will not be helpful when this new OPoC will replace the current
domain registration contacts.

Motion 2: Gaining more information on the current situations is sensefull
before making policy changes that currently works!

Motion 3: Elimination all contractual obligations which require registrars
to display domain name ownership and contact details would cause big
problems in crosscutting demands for my clients when an abuse of their
trademark rights will occure by domain name holders of confusingly similar
domains.

I hope that my comments can be regarded when making a decision about the
Motions!

Best regards,

Dr. Markus Bahmann
Rechtsanwalt

-----------------------------
Sandra Eckardt
- Secretariat -
Dr. Markus Bahmann
Adina Reichardt

avocado rechtsanwälte ...
berger, bock, bornemann, brüninghaus, busch, figgen,
gerhold, kaminski, schierack, voß
rechtsanwälte partnerschaft

nymphenburger str. 5
80335 münchen
t 089. 52 03 13 42
f 089. 52 03 13 99
s.eckardt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
... und im Internet unter http://www.avocado-law.com

Sitz der Partnerschaftsgesellschaft: Berlin
PR 331 B (AG Berlin-Charlottenburg)

Diese E-Mail einschließlich seiner Anlagen ist vertraulich und nur für
den Adressaten bestimmt. Wenn Sie nicht der vorgesehene Empfänger sind,
bitten wir Sie, diese E-Mail mit Anlagen unverzüglich vollständig zu
löschen und uns umgehend zu benachrichtigen.

This e-mail and its attachments are strictly confidential and are
intended solely for the attention of the person to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please delete it
including its attachments immediately and inform us accordingly.