ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[whois-comments]

WHOIS Reform Comments

  • To: "'whois-comments@xxxxxxxxx'" <whois-comments@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: WHOIS Reform Comments
  • From: "Sadowski, Thomas" <tsado@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 13:49:24 -0500

I support OPoC as a method of reforming the WHOIS systems. It should be
fairly trivial to support the efforts of law enforcement to have access to
WHOIS data when using OPoC. However the alternative Special Circumstances
model does absolutely nothing to support my interests as a domain holder, in
looking to prevent domain theft, or preventing spam and other unsolicited
contacts. WHOIS is meant to serve me, the domain registrant, not the domain
registrars or those looking for a free database for spam delivery. Quite
simply it is meant to provide a means for contacting me regarding
"legitimate" domain matters, OPoC would allow that but prevent
"Illegitimate" use of the system. Special Circumstances does almost nothing
to prevent this illegitimate use of the system.

WHOIS and the Internet in general is meant to be "for the people, by the
people", not "for the scammers, by the scammers, and to hell with everyone
else"! Please help us to provide REAL reform of the WHOIS system!

Tom Sadowski
Systems Administrator
Retrotech, inc.
(585) 924-6333