ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-comments]

pornography

  • To: twomey@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: pornography
  • From: "Brenda Billington" <bhischild@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:00:01 -0500

Dear Sirs,

I am opposed to the establishment of the triple X domain. You should be working to get pornography off the Internet, not putting more on it!

I completely disagree that by establishing the triple x domain it would cut down on the usage on the regular internet. It might at first because regular viewers of pornography may use that and even some of the curious part time viewers but the pornography industry isn't going to decrease their presence on the regular internet because they would miss the opportunities of enticing non viewers into becoming regular viewers. So this new internet will only serve to provide an additional way to serve up pornography in the end.

Therefore, it WILL NOT make the regular internet a more family friendly environment and shouldn't be done.

Sincerely,

Brenda Billington
bhischild@xxxxxxxxx