ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

The proposal of the xxx web domain

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: The proposal of the xxx web domain
  • From: "Ginny Allen" <liveworthy4him@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 14:23:23 -0500

Shalom,

Works of art to be ogled at, women are not. Made of flesh and blood in the image of God, they have feelings, aspirations, and dreams. Our society evaluates the sexual attractiveness of females by creating uncommon, unearthly standards of beauty, causing many to consider they are inferior. We all suffer when women are dishonored by allowing themselves to become immodest slabs of meat on display for the pleasure of all. Wives, girlfriends, mothers, sisters, and daughters are wounded when significant males in their lives view nude bodies of indiscriminate women. Males become mesmerized with the so-called ideal specimens, who do not nag or have any expectations of them, who appear to stare longingly back and desire them from screens or glossy, airbrushed pages. Creating fantasy worlds for men, these models cause divisions between men and the women who truly care for them. And folks wonder from whence comes disrespect for, neglect of, and violence directed at women? Glorifying public nudity and bringing the knowledge of such reckless behavior to the attention of all is irresponsible and inconsiderate. The models and those who purvey their wares are not representing exemplary conduct, and in fact, for those who engage in pornography, it will rot one's soul.

How we spend our time shapes who we are, and how we build the persons we are
is cause for social concern.  At all times we must ask ourselves whether
what we are doing is loving or wise.  Are we putting the needs and feelings
of others above our own, or is the pursuit of our own narcissistic pleasure
the measure of our lives?  Simply having the freedom to do a thing doesn't
justify doing it.  Just because it might be legal doesn't make it right.
Liberty is the freedom to do that which is right.  Being able to discipline
one's self for the benefit of others is the very essence of maturity.  What
examples are adults, entrusted with the awesome responsibility for their
care, to the rapidly maturing next generation who will impact our society
positively or negatively depending on to what we expose them.  One of the
biggest problems with today's society is that we have almost forgotten the
concept of civic and social duty.  We have rebelled against that
responsibility, and are forced to live in the pit that we've helped to dig
as a result.  Albert Einstein once said, "The world is a dangerous place to
live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who
don't do anything about it."  We're apathetic, indifferent, sluggish, and
retreating when what we need to be is alarmed, outraged, vigilant, and ever
on the attack.  We have experienced the natural progression of an unguarded
nation towards neglect, corruption and the loss of idealism.  Shantideva
said, "All the joy the world contains, Has come through wishing happiness
for others.  All the misery the world contains, Has come through wanting
pleasure for oneself."  To cultivate compassion, experience what it feels
like to be on the receiving end of your own behavior.  When awarded the
Nobel Peace Prize in 1989, the Dalai Lama said in his lecture. "…For if we
each selfishly pursue only what we believe to be in our own interest,
without caring about the needs of others, we end up harming not only others
but also ourselves…"  Why not live as Philippians 4:8 instructs us to:
Whatsoever
things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just,
whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things
are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there by any praise,
thing on these things.  One does not have far to look to witness the chaos
and devastation caused in our society due to our turning away as a nation
from our Judeo-Christian roots.  The narcissism practiced by most is the
basic problem in our world.  Consider that perhaps we are allowing the wrong
input in our lives and the lives of those who have been entrusted to our
care.  After all, we are raising our next generation of leaders!!!  Words
like diversity, pluralism and tolerance have anesthetized us to the reality
of good and evil.  Tolerance is the cultivation of an attitude of
indifference to things we see happening around us.  In the name of peace, we
tolerate evil.  In the name of tolerance, we accept sin and call it freedom
of speech or freedom of sexual persuasion.  We dare not stand up for what we
believe for fear of being labeled intolerant.  Change would never come about
if well-meaning folks did not speak up.  "The humblest citizen of all the
land, when clad in the armor of a righteous cause, is stronger than all the
hosts of Error," ~William Jennings Bryan.  Entrusted with the awesome
responsibility of my children's care, I am concerned about how their
generation is being raised, to what they are being exposed, and the examples
they have in their lives.  Are they being enriched in mind, spirit and
character?  They all need highly esteemed mentors to guide them along the
path to liberty.

Lastly, bear in mind…if we don't stand for something, we will fall for
anything.

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,

Virginia Bain Allen