ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

.XXX Domain NO!

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .XXX Domain NO!
  • From: "Jason" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 20:05:01 -0800

I am an adult webmaster with several thousand domains in this industry. I
have been part of this since the mid 1990's and I am also a father of 3
children. I have been able to make sure my kids do not have access to porn
on the internet and feel as though other parents can too. Parents these days
are quite lazy and do not want to take responsibility to protect there
children for porn on the internet. They would much rather let the
governments do it for them. The new TLD .XXX is not the answer here to fix
this issue. The answer is educating parents on how to protect there children
for viewing this material using firewalls and other software that has been
available for years now. Even IE5 and 6 have a feature to block this kind of
content and it's free. Making this adult community suffer by moving them to
an online red light district is not going to fix this nor is it the right
direction. I was onboard for this TLD .XXX but now it has gone way overboard
and the rules have changed. My rights as a businessman are being stripped
from me. I say "NO" to .xxx!!!

Jason M