ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

support for .xxx

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: support for .xxx
  • From: <roger@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:02:26 -0000

I support the .xxx concept.

There seems to be a misunderstanding regarding .xxx. It is being suggested that
.xxx will add extra porn to the internet. Those who believe that .xxx will add
to the amount of porn available on the web are simply naïve as there is no
limit to the amount of porn that can be put on the internet under the present
system. Anybody can register a .com domain name and then put porn on the
internet.

Pornography is a business that is not going away. Those people in the community
that believe porn will just go away are deluding themselves. Porn in all its
forms has been around for 1000's of years, so why people think it will just go
away I do not know. I have even read comments from people that believe porn
does not even exist, I wonder what planet they are from.

Use of the .xxx designation will allow for a lot easier screening-out of
unwanted content by technically unsavvy but caring parents, schools, libraries,
employers, etc., etc

Give support to .xxx.