ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Allowing a porn web site

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Allowing a porn web site
  • From: Suzanne Russell <sruss745@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 10:50:45 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

Dear Persons in Charge:

   I am writing because I am more than a little concerned about the giving
of a web site to pornagraphic materials and pedophiles and other such people
that are victims of their lusts.

To do this will only give this type of behavior, credibility.  To do so, I
believe would be wrong.  It would be like giving a web site to robbers,
murderers or rapists.  It would legitimize their behaviors and also it would
serve as a place that they could learn how to carry out their lusts.

  This is not a victimless crime.  No little kid wants sex.  No woman wants
to be raped.  Little boys do not want to be violated.

   The sad thing about this is that these people can't just stop at looking
at the materials.  There is a progression in their addiction to these
materials and it escalates all the way to death.  Is that what you want to
be known for supplying?

   Instead you should give a web site that would supply help to these people
  Maybe you already do, but please don't put this web site out there for
pornography to grow.  The crime rate will increase even more than it has now
  People are not real safe now, but it will be worse if you do this.

Please consider this.

Thank you.

Suzanne Russell

Oklahoma