ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

.xxx domain extension

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: .xxx domain extension
  • From: "Joan Shanahan" <joanshanahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:04:13 -0800

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I received your email address from the NTIA, and was told that you are the
appropriate party to whom I should voice my concern and disapproval of any
possible plan to allow the continued proliferation of pornography on the
Internet.

Talk about waving a red flag! The .xxx domain extension will lure every pervert
on earth, and a few people who are not perverts, particularly curious kids.
Such a domain set invites additional abuse of the Internet by sanctioning
immoral, harmful, and exploitive material and behavior. It's not prudery that
gives me such concern. It is the rampant rate of sex crimes perpetrated upon
women and children, and no doubt, up on men too, in this country and in other
countries as well. Children sold into sex slavery, women raped and disfigured,
men attacked in confined spaces, such as prisons. The world is a dirty enough
place, filled with enough evil and abuse of one another to sicken even the most
hardened of police, fire, and military personnel. Do we really need to add to
the decline and fall of America by permitting a perfectly good tool to be used
for our continued degradation? Please consult your humanity, your sense of
decency, consider the victims, and don't add to the probl!
 em by adding the .xxx designation to bait and encourage propagators of human
degradation.

Thank you.
Joan Shanahan
San Pedro, CA 90731