ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

FW: Dear Concerned Citizen:

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: FW: Dear Concerned Citizen:
  • From: "Dean Ash / IRI" <dean@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:05:45 -0800

To Whom It May Concern:

I wish to voice my strong opposition to the proposed xxx web domain!!!
Having the freedom we enjoy in America comes with the responsibility of
self-control and restraint.  This is true even in the business world,
perhaps especially so.

Opening up a new (additional) avenue that promotes the viewing of
pornography creates absolutely no value!  In fact, as I'm sure you know, it
leads to the destruction of families and becomes an addiction not unlike
drugs.  You may be of the mindset that what one person does in the privacy
of their own home doesn't affect anyone else.  If you think that, you would
be wrong.  Addictions like this do have a negative ripple effect to others.
This fact is not debatable.

Again, I request that your firm exercise restraint not on this issue, but
take proactive steps to make it more difficult to access pornography on the
Internet.

Respectfully,
Dean Ash
Bonita, CA