ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Please Avoid the .xxx Domains!!!!

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Please Avoid the .xxx Domains!!!!
  • From: dsherman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 09:25:08 -0800

To Whom It May Concern:

Please do not issue any .xxx domains to any website hosts.

In addition, I believe the .com domains are far too common by patrons in the
United States, especially with a broader choice of domains available to
qualifying organizations; i.e. .org for non-profit organizations, .biz for
small businesses, and .mil for military forces.

Your comments on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Donald, Wisconsin

-- START OF FORWARDED MESSAGE --

Dear Concerned Citizen:

Thank you
> for sharing your views with the Department of Commerce regarding
the
> proposed .xxx domain.

The Administration is concerned about the
> proliferation of pornography on
the Internet and the victimization of
> children.  It is the policy and the
track record of this
> Administration to protect children, to provide a safe
place for
> children online, and to combat child pornography.

The Internet
> Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is the
organization
> responsible for the process of creating top-level domains.
Your input
> is a valued part of the process, and we encourage you to submit
> ICANN any concerns you have regarding the .xxx domain as
> follows:

Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
4676
> Admiralty Way, Suite 330
Marina del Rey, California 90292
Phone:
> 310-823-9358
Fax:  310-823-8649
Email:
> xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx

Sincerely,

John M. R. Kneuer
Assistant
> Secretary of Commerce for Communications and Information

-- END OF

--
Donald