ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

XXX Domain

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: XXX Domain
  • From: "Cassandra Allday" <acis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:24:13 -0600

January 31, 2007

Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330

Marina del Rey, California 90292

Phone:  310-823-9358

Fax:  310-823-8649

Email: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

I would like to formally register my deep concerns regarding your plans to
create a XXX domain on the world-wide-web.  I cannot think of a single good,
wise or elevating reason to set up this domain on the internet. The public
good should be your highest consideration when considering a new top level
domain on the internet.  I appeal to your sense of morality, judgment and
concern for the children and youth, the weak, and all those preyed upon and
harmed by the XXX industry. The preparation and distribution of such
perversion destroys lives both upstream and downstream of the pornography
product and I ask you to search within yourself for the conscience and
backbone required to stand against the evil and immorality behind this
industry.

 Money to be made should never be the determining factor in a decision that
is as fraught with danger as distribution of pornography.  Consider the cost
to society in the form of declines in productivity, psychological
rehabilitation, bankruptcy, crime, divorce, prostitution.  Factor in the
less tangible physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual destruction
that we are increasingly burdened with as a direct and indirect result of
pornography.  What, now is the cost to society?

I am against pornography in any form.  However, internet pornography makes
pornography more readily available to all audiences, including those not
legally eligible to view it elsewhere (or emotionally mature enough without
harm for that matter). Internet pornography also facilitates secrecy and
shame, and the innate "hidden" nature of it increases the likelihood for
obsession/addiction.  Before you know it, whole lives are down the drain
because of the internet pornography habit.

Besides the direct impact, there's also the almost universal link between
pornography and drug use and abuse, alcoholism, depression, crime and
suicide.  How can you justify furthering the cause of pornography?  For the
money to be made?  What about the millions lost?  How about the crushing
blow it deals to the fabric of our society?

Each of us will have to answer for our decisions, actions and the intent of
our hearts and I need to ask you:  will you be able to live with yourself if
you let the lure of money overcome your good judgment?  How will you answer
for the choice to further internet pornography?  The love of money is the
root of all kinds of evil and you will be held responsible for the watershed
impact of this decision.

Please reconsider this course of action, for your sake if for no one else's.
A XXX domain will only make pornography more readily available to those who
have fallen prey to its evil seduction, will only facilitate the
victimization of the innocent as purveyors search for more depraved and
despicable displays of sexual imagery, and will further sully the precious
and beautiful gift of sexual intimacy that should exist only between one man
and one woman in a faithful covenant relationship.

I and others like me stand against your actions and will continue our
efforts to persuade you to discontinue your pursuit of a XXX domain.  I have
also registered my concerns with John M. R. Kneuer,

Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Communications and Information.

I welcome your response and any opportunity for dialogue on this subject.

Sincerely,

Cassandra Allday
Allday & Company Ins Svcs LLC
Consumer Resource Services
410 East Main Street #45
Atlanta, TX 75551
Ph 903-796-9491 Fax 903-796-5109

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any
dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended
recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal.