ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

XXX Domain

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: XXX Domain
  • From: Angela Mason <angelajmason@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:13:16 -0500 (EST)

Dear ICANN,

I am writing you because of my concern over the proliferation of pornography on
the internet, and the ease with which children can access it, even accidentally.

I feel that establishing an "xxx" domain will only make the problem worse.
Pornography has somehow become acceptable and has even bled into mainstream
movies, advertising and television.  I feel we must do all we can to protect
our children so that they are not exposed to things they cannot understand.
The types of pornography today appeal to the baser instincts of even adults and
have been shown to affect them in adverse ways.  How much more pornography must
adversely affect our children!

Please consider this viewpoint in making your decisions.  Thank you for your
courtesy in this matter.

Sincerely,
Angela J. Mason
18768 Hwy 64 East
Arp, TX 75750
(903) 859-4571

"See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the
time, because the days are evil.  Therefore do not be unwise, but understand
what the will of the Lord is." ~ Ephesians 5:15-17

PeoplePC Online
A better way to Internet
http://www.peoplepc.com