ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

dot xxx

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: dot xxx
  • From: "Panos Kalos" <pkalos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 09:24:39 +0200

Dot XXX rely's on us. Make no mistake there are people who want it to happen
and other than voicing my concern I have no real control over what ICANN
will do. The only thing I have control over is my sites.

I do not support and will not support Dot XXX. If dot XXX goes through and
you purchase a Dot XXX and you are a TGP I will not trade traffic with you,
if you are a gallery submitter I will not link to your gallery, if you are
an affiliate program I will not support your program. The software I produce
will not work on dot XXX. This is the only thing I can control and these are
the measures I will take.

I will not change my standpoint on this if your government requires you to
use .XXX for your sites, by doing so I only give my government the
oppurtinity to do the same in the future. If I have interests in your
country and your countries law requires me to comply I will remove those
interests from that country.

These are my sentiments on dot XXX. If Dot XXX goes through it can only
successed if we allow it to, if we don't then there will be just another .WS
or .BIZ for ICANN to play with.

Thanks.
Pete