ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Please do NOT create a new XXX Internet domain devoted solely to pornography.

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>, <citizenlink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Please do NOT create a new XXX Internet domain devoted solely to pornography.
  • From: "Russ Smalley" <smalls4u@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 21:56:23 -0600

To Whom It May Concern:

Please reconsider your position of wanting to establish a new Internet
domain devoted solely to pornography.    If you establish a xxx domain there
will just be one more venue for the pornography to be disseminated all over
our world, into our families lives and on our children?s computer screens.
Creating this xxx site is nothing short of legitimizing the pornography
industry.    Also even if the site is created, the owners of these porn
sites do not have to participate and thus will have two places to share
porn, on the triple x site and their current one.

Instead of trying to appease the pornography industry by creating this
domain, you as a governing Internet body should be working to curb this kind
of indecency and the amount of it that is forced upon our children to view
while they are just trying to do their homework for school!

Russ Smalley
Email:  smalls4u@xxxxxxxxxxxxx