ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

xxx domain

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx, citizenlink@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: xxx domain
  • From: "Teresa Zachary" <teresazachary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 05:25:51 -0700

<P><BR><BR></P>
<DIV></DIV><FONT color=#000000></DIV>
<DIV>Dear sir, </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I would like to strongly go on public record opposing the xxx internet agreement.&nbsp;&nbsp; I
believe such a domain will proliferate online pornography which is almost always detrimental to women and children.&nbsp; It also gives implicit approval
to material that often violates state and federal obscensity laws.&nbsp;&nbsp;We should be working to get pornography off the internet, not providing a
safehaven where it can&nbsp;flourish and proliferate.&nbsp; Pornography corrupts good morals, ruins relationships, reduces people to objects useful
only to accomodate lust,and is often a tool in sexual abuse.&nbsp;&nbsp; Unfortunately,&nbsp; many in our society prefer to close their eyes to the
truth and pretend it does not exist.&nbsp; This denial will not make the ugly monster go away or tame it.&nbsp; And, like King Kong, it is too large to
be confined and controlled&nbsp;in a xxx domain cage.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Sincerely,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Teresa
Messenger</a> </html>