ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Please Decline the .xxx Domain

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Please Decline the .xxx Domain
  • From: "Bob and Karen Yost" <bobandkaren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:04:14 -0700

I urge you to stop the idea of the XXX domain permanently!!  The idea that
the porn industry and its allies would be free to self-regulate and operate
the domain is absurd. Internet porn site operators would be free to
participate on the .xxx domain and be free to remain on any other Internet
domain on which they are registered, expanding their reach and making it
easier for kids to find their porn.  I'm sickened by the words that are
allowed to come through spam email to me let alone the effect of porn on
impressionable children.

Stop the XXX domain permanently!

Thank you,

Karen Yost