ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

Our family is vehemently opposed to the establishment of an “XXX” domain

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Our family is vehemently opposed to the establishment of an “XXX” domain
  • From: "Luanne M. Ashe" <beautyfromashes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:57:02 -0500

here are at least four problems with the proposed “XXX” domain.

First, pornographers will not be required to use the domain.

Second, tech-savvy kids will be able to circumvent the domain.

Third, to some extent the “XXX” domain will result in the “de facto” legalization of obscenity.

And fourth, the “XXX” domain will not protect society from accidental exposure to hardcore pornography.

We trust that you will take this family's concerns into consideration, and DISALLOW this domain from propagating on the Internet.

Most sincerely,

~Mrs. Luanne Ashe, BA, BEd, ATM, CL