ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

XXX domain

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: XXX domain
  • From: "richard scholl" <richardscholl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 15:49:10 +0000

<P><BR>To the commissioners of domain nmes:</P>
<P>Your proposal will not alow "child" pornography, however, it does appear to allow "adult" pornography.&nbsp;&nbsp;The ?XXX? domain will result in the ?de facto? legalization of obscenity. &nbsp;As the Supreme Court observed in a 1973 obscenity case (<I>Paris Adult Theatre I v. Slaton</I>), there are ?legitimate governmental interests at stake in stemming the tide of obscene materials, <I>even assuming it is feasible to enforce effective safeguards against exposure to juveniles</I>,? which include maintaining ?a decent society? and protecting ?public safety,? ?family life,? ?the quality of life,? ?the total community environment,? and ?morality.&nbsp; We do not want a&nbsp;domain&nbsp;that will be permitted to depict (among other things) 18-year-old girls and boys being hogtied, whipped, shocked with electricity, gang raped, and tortured to death. Depictions of pseudo child porn, bestiality, excretory functions and matter, incest, prostitution, teenage gangbangs and unsafe sex.</P>
<P>Such depictions are illegal and we will attempt to shut down your domain just as pornography outlets are shut down.&nbsp; If any crimes are committed which are linked to the use of this domain, including any access by minors, you may be held personally responsible in legal action.&nbsp; It is my hope that legislation will be introduced to limit your commission's role in the internet.</P>
<P>Richard Scholl</P>
<P><BR>&nbsp;</P>
<DIV></DIV><FONT color=#000000></DIV>