ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

XXX Domains

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: XXX Domains
  • From: "Andrew Kenny" <4ndr3wk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 11:36:14 +0000

Dear ICN Committee,
I think the XXX Domains should be legalised for the following reasons:

We cant go around ignoring all the pornography on the Internet, all these
people asking for it to be declined are naive and are trying to ignore it,
we cant go around like it doesn't exist. A recent study  showed 425,000,000
Pornographic web pages, that's at good bit of the Internet.

With these domains becoming XXX you could have more control of them, they
could be policed as these illegal sites could be policed better. And
sex-offenders are not a good thing everybody knows that, but 425,000,000 web
pages and how many sex offenders?? this is only a minority compared.

In conclusion i think the XXX domain should go ahead due to the fact it
could be policed better and filters would be able to find it better to block
these sites from the relevant audiences

Regards Andrew