ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

XXX domain

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>, <citizenlink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: XXX domain
  • From: "Janice" <janiceascott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:08:00 -0500

I, along with the majority of Americans, totally oppose the use of the XXX
domain. I have concerns that such a domain will actually proliferate porn
online, confer legitimacy on material that often violates state and federal
obscenity laws and may even hamper obscenity enforcement through the faulty
notion that such material can be simply blocked by those who don’ t want it.

As a woman I find pornography highly offensive. Please don’t give those who
struggle with this addiction another avenue for hurting themselves and girls
and women who are ultimately victims.

Sincerely

Janice A Scott

5660 Knox Ct