ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

No to .XXX domain

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: No to .XXX domain
  • From: "Joe" <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:42:20 -0500

Dear Sirs,

I am writing to advise you that I am against the approval of a .XXX TLD.  The
vast majority of the population does not want this either.  Religious groups do
not want it, the the majority of adult website owners do not want it either.

The new TLD will do nothing to protect children.  There is currently software
in place that parents can use to filter adult websites.  If parents aren't
using those services now, they won't use those services if a .xxx TLD is
created either.

Also, putting some sites into an adult ghetto sets up stage for mandatory use
of the extension.  The problem is that it won't be mandatory in all countries.
Therefore, its still not doing helping at all.

ICM simply wants to create the .XXX TLD in order for it to have a business.
The TLD serves no public interest.  Therefore, I respectfully request that you
deny ICM's application and put the final nail in the coffin of .XXX domains.

Thank you.

Take Care,
Joe Sterner
www.pridebucks.com