ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

.XXX TLD

  • To: <xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .XXX TLD
  • From: <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 23:27:54 -0700

As the owner of Global2000Hosting I urge you to not pass the .xxx tld into use,
this will cause undue hardship for many of our hosting customers and position
Visa and lawmakers in a very likely arena to ban adult sites or make them
completely unaffordable to those who wish to view them.
As for protecting kids from porn, .xxx will do no such thing. Even if adult
content is restricted to .xxx, there will still be numerous small, off brand
domains from tiny countries that allow adult content, thereby completely
defeating the purpose.

The positive goals of .xxx (preventing access by children and those who don't
wish to view adult content) can be achieved by a combination of a .kids domain,
voluntary listing of adult sites with existing content filters, and parental
involvement.

I could go on and on with a multitude of reasons why this should not pass
however the above mentioned are most pressing on my mind please do not pass
this initiative.

Thank you,
Allen de la Fuente

GIF image