ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-icm-agreement]

dot XXX. A Very Bad Idea!

  • To: xxx-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: dot XXX. A Very Bad Idea!
  • From: Lise Greenberg <lktg4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 10:00:39 -0700 (PDT)

Dear ICANN-

This is the third time since 2000 that the issue of
creating an all-porn dot-XXX domain has come up for an
ICANN vote. I urge you to vote against it.

Supporters say adult-only content would be easier to
regulate if it had its own domain but there is no
evidence to point to this conclusion. On the contrary,
pornographers who would not be required to move their
sites to the new domain, would just make dot-xxx
copies of their sites.
Usually vigilant parents and law enforcement agencies
could very well develop a false sense of security when
monitoring for children. A doubling of  the number of
porn sites now available might easily develop due to
lack of individual and law enforcement monitoring.

This is all about ICANN making money at the expense of
our children and decency. Please don't give an air of
acceptance to an industry that is already violating
federal laws. And please remember, the most vulnerable
and impressionable victims would be our most precious
assets- our children and our future

Most Sincerely, Lise Greenberg

Get your own web address.