ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-revised-icm-agreement]

ICM Input

  • To: xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: ICM Input
  • From: Angie Rowntree <angie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 15:32:48 -0400

I am completely against .xxx.  Our industry has self-regulated itself from
day one and to be perfectly honest, I think we have done a brilliant job.
ICM's argument is ridiculous at best. More viruses are found in mainstream
than on any adult website. Online stores such as Amazon.com and many other
retail / service outlets have chargebacks much higher then most of our
industry.  As a site owner, the only place I see fraud is from the
consumer.  As for "the children", any responsible owner has ratings and
codes in place on their site.  All we need are the parents to tun their
browser settings on.

No matter what the banks, regulators and government have thrown our way over
the years, we have always stepped up to the plate and come into compliance.
.XXX is not going to help anyone: all it will achieve is to ghettoize adult
sites and leave us vulnerable to censorship.  It will compromise privacy
policies, content creativity, hinder free speech, and take away our choices.

ICM does not care one iota about our industry, to them this is just a money
making opportunity, that will end with the small independent webmaster going
out of business and create overall hardship within the industry itself.

I have been in the industry, as a business owner, for the last 15 years.  I
know hundreds of adult webmasters and none of them are in favor of .XXX

Angie Rowntree
Wasteland, Inc