ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-revised-icm-agreement]

Please Do Not Approve .XXX

  • To: xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Please Do Not Approve .XXX
  • From: ava mir-ausziehen <ava-ma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 21:55:47 -0400

To Whom It May Concern,

First, let me state my complete and total opposition to .XXX and ICM Registry.
It is a sham, a land grab, and is NOT supported by the adult entertainment
industry.  I have been in the online adult industry since 2002, have followed
this debacle from day one, and can honestly say that it is of no value to the
adult industry, but rather comes with so many negative ramifications that it
will harm the industry that it purports to assist.

Many people will surely be quick to ignore the comments of adult entertainment
workers, assuming we are neither informed nor educated about business and
refusing to take our comments and concern seriously. But I need not remind you
that adult entertainment is a business filled with intelligent, hard working
people who are in the best position to act as experts of their own domain - and
we are also voters and active citizens.

Again I am completely opposed to .XXX.

Sincerely,

Ava Mir-Ausziehen