ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-revised-icm-agreement]

I oppose the .xxx TLD

  • To: <xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: I oppose the .xxx TLD
  • From: "jeff beer" <jeffb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 17:54:26 -0500

Dear ICANN,

I am a member of the .XXX sTLD sponsored community. I do not support ICM's
application for the .XXX sTLD.

I request that ICANN does the following:
1. Verify that companies which ICM has listed in support are viable adult
businesses,
2. Verify that companies listed in support in fact do support ICM's current
application for a .XXX sTLD,
3. Determine how many pre-registrations claimed by ICM are in fact defensive
registrations,
4. Determine how many pre-registrations are registrars or companies hoping
to re-sell domain names.

Additionally, I also request the following information also be released as
requested in the DIDP from the FSC:
1. The list of the IFFOR Board members;
2. The list of proposed members of the Policy Council;
3. IFFOR's Business Plan/Financials;
4. Business Plan/Financials Years 1-5 utilizing 125,000 Initial
Registrations;
5. The list of .XXX sTLD pre-registrants who have been identified to ICANN;
6. ICM's Proof of Sponsorship Community Support as submitted to ICANN.

I believe that this is nothing more than a money grab and a way to exert
control over a very large segment of the internet.

The adult industry is firmly against this expansion.

Best regards,

Jeffrey Beer