ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-revised-icm-agreement]

Adult webmaster against .xxx

  • To: <xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Adult webmaster against .xxx
  • From: "Joseph Abdallah" <gumby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 20:30:00 -0400

Dear Sirs/Madams,

My name is Joseph Abdallah, I am a professional adult webmaster and I oppose
the .xxx TLD.  I have regrettably, registered defensively with the company ICM
that is proposing the .xxx TLD to protect my copyrights.

If you approve this abomination you will hurt the adult online industry and the
internet as a whole.

ICM is pushing unnecessarily for a "responsible" global online community when
the adult entertainment community already has an entity through which Internet
publishers and others can self identify as a responsible global online adult
entertainment community through the Free Speech Coalition and its Code of
Ethics.

Adult businesses would be required to agree to comply with "IFFOR Policies and
Best Practices Guidelines" that have yet to be created by boards and councils
which have yet to be revealed.

Lack of transparency surrounding ICM's submissions in the omission of the names
of IFFOR Board members and Policy Council members who will develop regulations
for the .XXX online industry.

Companies (such as my own) that have pre-registered .XXX domain names but are
in opposition to a .XXX sTLD .  By ICM's own definition those companies do not
qualify for a .XXX sTLD because they do not voluntarily agree to the .XXX sTLD
and thus believe that ICM's proposed .XXX sTLD would be detrimental to their
business.

Thank You,

Joseph Abdallah