ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-revised-icm-agreement]

Adult webmaster AGAINST .xxx

  • To: xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Adult webmaster AGAINST .xxx
  • From: Webmaster PornServer <whoismail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 23:27:01 +0200

Dear ICANN,

As an actual adult webmaster I am strongly against .XXX - and so are all my colleagues. Each and everyone of them!

ICM Registry does NOT have support from our community. The proposed .xxx is NOT about protecting children on the internet, even though it is claimed to be.

.xxx is an attempt from Stuart Lawley to become very rich by increasing the domain registration price 10-fold.

Please take a close look at all the positive comments towards .xxx and you will discover that they are the result of an email spam campaign.

Recipients of such spam have been tricked into clicking on a link, which automatically posted a positive comment with the identical wording.

Our industry is already suffering a lot from piracy and content theft, and no one wishes to be put into the proposed porn ghetto called .xxx.

Our existing .com domains are brands which have been build over years of hard work. The adult community is strongly against letting Stuart Lawley steal our domains from us.

This is not simply a question of a filtering solution - is about prevention of theft of property.

Dear ICANN, please don't get fooled by Mr. Lawley and his lies - he is nothing more than a smart con artist, who definitely does not represent the voice of the Sponsoring Community.

Please PERMANENTLY reject .xxx - it is a HUGE mistake.

Thank you.

Bless you all.