ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-revised-icm-agreement]

I run adult websites and I do NOT want the .xxx tld!

  • To: xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I run adult websites and I do NOT want the .xxx tld!
  • From: Amanacus Networks <amanacusnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 16:30:45 +0200

I run several adult websites. They are small, each generate mabye $200-$300
per year in income but they provide good clean sites, where the users stay
and with proper 18 years of age varnings and verifications.

I do not want to have to switch to .xxx. I'm very much afraid it would kill
small sites like me which can not cover the costs of expensive extra
domains. Already server, domains and bandwidth take up around half of the
income.

This will kill us smaller ones, us who deal with quality, carefully selected
images and some unique texts. The one one who will benefit from this is of
course the one registering expensive domains but also the large sites
because all of us smaller ones will go out of business. We will not be able
to afford to stay around and be forced to leave.

Also there is a large fear .xxx would not rank as well in search engines. I
do ok as it is today and have absolutely no need for any other domains or
TLDs. This is not something that I wish for.

Thanks for listening!
/Fredrik