ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-revised-icm-agreement]

FSC member / stakeholder strongly AGAINST .xxx stld

  • To: <xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: FSC member / stakeholder strongly AGAINST .xxx stld
  • From: "NoReply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 11:22:13 -0700

As a Free Speech Coalition member and stakeholder in the adult entertainment
industry with numerous websites, we are strongly AGAINST approval of the .xxx
stld. We request that the ICANN Board of Directors act in our best interests
and that of the adult entertainment industry by terminating all current and
future negotiations with ICM registry for .xxx and deny their .xxx application.

It is absurd that ICM has proposed that adult businesses comply with IFFOR
rules which don't currently exist. We consider both ICM and IFFOR to be adult
industry outsiders and strongly believe that they have absolutely no rights to
recommend, create or establish any policies for our industry. We, along with
other responsible members of the adult entertainment community, support our
industry's own organizations such as the Free Speech Coalition (FSC) and the
Association of Sites Advocating Child Protection (ASACP) and abide by our
industry's own Code of Ethics. Wrongfully empowering ICM with such authority
would be the equivalent of signing over a blank power of attorney to someone
who is neither our family nor friend, granting them abilities that could cause
irreparable harm to our business.

In the event that the ICANN Board chooses to extend review of the .XXX
application, we demand more information and greater transparency from ICM
regarding their application, so that we and other adult industry stakeholders
may properly respond.

In closing, we reiterate that ICM does NOT have adult industry support as it
claims and we are strongly AGAINST approval of the .xxx stld. Please deny ICM's
.xxx application.

Sincerely,
Men's Fantasies Inc.
http://www.mensfantasies.com