ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-revised-icm-agreement]

John Stagliano Opposes Dot-XXX

  • To: xxx-revised-icm-agreement@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: John Stagliano Opposes Dot-XXX
  • From: Rowntree <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 21:24:57 -0400

 Since .XXX is supposed to be approved, accepted, or whatever, by the
"community" of people already in the adult community I am, as the owner of
Evil Angel, and an adult producer, distributor, defender of our right to
exist, since 1983, I do not support this.

The adult community has invested in how it is structured now. It is unfair
to us all to add an additional expense to our business without competition
for the services that this new business, .xxx, would provide. If dot XXX,
dot porn, dot sex, or any other competing business were all launched at the
same time this would be closer to fair, and might be acceptable. But it
should be in the by laws of ICANN that no one can ever be compelled to do
business with any of them.

John Stagliano