ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[xxx-tld-agreement]

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>

.xxx

  • To: <xxx-tld-agreement@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: .xxx
  • From: "Bruce Friedman" <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 00:02:28 -0700

I think the .xxx proposal is completely unfair to adult webmasters like
myself.  All of us have invested a lot of time and money into our domains
and to take those away from us is completely unfair.  I also don't think
.xxx will do much of anything to protect children.  If anything, children
looking for porn will be attracted to .xxx domains.  Since there is no way
to tell who is surfing the net, it is completely up to parents to police
what their children do.  Whether .xxx is implemented or not, kids will still
have access to porn on the internet, unless the parents make themselves
responsible for what their children do while they are on the internet.  That
is an issue that no domain restriction can take care of.

Bruce Friedman

Office - (925) 556-0111 x21

Cell - (925) 519-4900

Fax - (925) 807-0345

Skype number (international) - (925) 265-8535

<<< Chronological Index >>>        Thread Index >>>